Skip to main content

Wham-Bam Cajun Seasoning Mix

This is one of my favorite seasonings mixes to provide an authentic Louisiana Cajun flavor to everything from red beans and rice, potatoes, appetizers, jambalaya, gumbo, and side dishes.

The secret is the combination of black, cayenne, and white pepper; each one influences a different part of the palate. The blending of the three peppers, garlic, onion, salt, with a touch of sweetness gives the Wham-Bam effect to your mouth. A little sprinkle can spice up just about any dish.

GATHER YOUR GROCERIES:

½ cup of sea salt
1/3 cup of granulated sugar
1 tablespoon of red cayenne pepper, white pepper,  ground black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried white rice.

THE WAY TO DO IT:

Mix the ingredients together and place them in a salt shaker for use at the table. The white rice keeps it sprinkling in humid weather. I also like to keep extra, mixed without the white rice, in a sugar bowl for cooking. I hope you enjoy the Wham-Bam Cajun Seasoning Mix.

Bon Appétit!

Popular posts from this blog

Red Velvet Bourbon Cake Balls

This trendy treat with a New Orleans flair is simple to make, perfect for entertaining, and sure to be raved about at your next party.   The velvet cake gives this treat a delicious cocoa flavor, and the bright red color makes it a festive addition to Holiday parties. GATHER YOUR GROCERIES: Red Velvet Cake - baked but not frosted One cup of Cream Cheese Frosting. (recipe below) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - 1 bag One fourth cup of Whiskey THE WAY TO DO IT: Cook the red velvet cake following the directions on the cake mix package or your favorite from-scratch recipe. Cool the cake completely. Do not frost. Crumble cake into a large mixing bowl and drizzle the whiskey onto the crumbled cake. Dollop the cream-cheese frosting into the cake and whiskey mixture and combine thoroughly—chill mixture for one hour. Roll the chilled whiskey cake into quarter-sized balls and place it on a cookie sheet. Chill the balls until they are firm. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, following the

Cajun French Language Dictionary

Cajun French is different from the language spoke in France. Acadians migrated from France over 300 years ago. Just as Americans speak English differently after being separated from England for hundreds of years, the same is true of the Acadians. Here is a few of my favorite Cajun phrases: Bon Appetite! Enjoy! Bonjour Mes Amis Good day my friends. Ca c'est bon That's good! C'est magnifique That is great! Faire des commissions buy groceries, making grocery bill Fais do do   Traditional Cajun dance or party Lagniappe  An unexpected nice surprise. Laissez les bon temps roulet  Let the good times roll! Mamere Maw maw or Grandma Merci Beaucoup Thank you very much. Mon cher My dear. Mouche a mielle Honey bee

Hello World

In my family, everyone has a nickname. My nickname is Sugie. It's an endearment and a form of the word sugar, because I was such a sweet baby. I was born in New Orleans in 1964. I lived on Rampart Street with my father, Honest Joe, and my mother, Beanie.  I must have been a beautiful baby because my Godmother, that I called Nanny, said I looked just like a Chatty Cathy doll. As the oldest, I had an entire 16 months of total adoration from my parents until my brother showed up and ruined my one baby show. My parents called my brother little man. I couldn't say little man, so I changed his name to Manny, and five decades later, the name still sticks. Manny and I overcame our differences and happily basked in the glow of our parent's love until 16 months later when my little sister Tweety showed up. Tweety became the baby, and I was suddenly the Big Sister who had to help take care of the baby. I wanted to be the baby, not take care of the baby. My life was ruined. --- Sug